Town of Plattsburgh Parks & Recreation Department
Skip to nav
Holiday Lighting Contest
This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
Program is co-sponsored with Plattsburgh Creative Signs.
- Entry is free-no cost or fees apply.
- Participation is open to Town of Plattsburgh residents and businesses located in the Town.
- Register online at www.townofplattsburghrecreation.com by November 19th (you will receive a yard sign about contest)
- Put up outdoor Holiday decorations by December 10 and submit a picture (taken at night) to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 11th at 8 AM
- Pictures will be placed on the Town of Plattsburgh Parks & Recreation Facebook Page with your address (no name) so that the community can view decorations.
- Decorations must be available and lit for online voting, which will occur from December 11th—December 18th (until 12 PM). Community will “like” their favorite display in each category on Facebook.
- Winners will be announced on December 18th by 1 PM
- Limited to first 50 registrations
- Town of Plattsburgh Employees and Council Members are not eligible.
Categories (Choose 1 when you register)
- Most Lights—the Clark W. Griswold-like display you can see from outer space
- Best Storytelling Scene—the display that tells your holiday story
- TOP Council Pick—Show the Town Councilors your best holiday spirit!
- Most Festive (Commercial) Display– Category for our local businesses to join in the fun!
Prizes TBD for categories 1,2,3. Local businesses will get bragging rights.
Voting will be available on Town of Plattsburgh Parks & Recreation Facebook Page.